In this digital world, creating a website or a blog has become very easy by the use of online website builders. The reason is because of their easy, simple and user-friendly interface.
Now building a website or a blog is very easy and fast.
But creating a successful website or a blog is a big challenge for new users. By successful website I mean to say " A website with huge traffic". But friends, if you just focus on a few aspects, you can also create a good and successful website or blog.
There are a few mandatory points which should be kept in mind while creating a website. Website development is an art and you will get the right targeted visitors only when you follow these steps.
1) Choose the Right Template : The template which you choose for your website should be clean and nicely colored. Don't choose templates which are very flashy and sharp. Simple templates are easy to load and enhances user experience.
2) Content Management : The content of a website decides it's success. So the content of your website should be relevant and meaningful. A website with content which is not appropriate as per the theme of the website lacks in traffic. Hence, the theme of your website should match with content. Moreover, the content should be updated regularly so that users keep visiting your website. This also increases the website ranking and search engine ranking as well. Always avoid repetition of content on your website pages.
3) Use of Graphics and Images : It is believed that graphics or images help in building interest among the readers. You may have experienced this as well. A novel or a book without any images or pictures make that reader bored. But if there are pictures which connect to the text, then it creates interest among the readers. So, use of pictures and graphics is a good idea and helps in visitor retention.
4) Simple Navigation : Navigation is a way to guide the users where to find what and how much content is available. The navigation to the pages of your website should be kept simple and easy. It is very important to keep the menu navigation simple and understandable. If the navigation is complex then users will not visit your website again. A simple navigation creates good user experience and connectivity.
5) Mobile Friendly : The advancement in mobile technology has limited the use of computers or laptops. Now-a-days people do majority of their work through mobile phones. So, a website which is mobile friendly and readable on mobile phone's browser gets good number of visitors. Many website builders offer design of mobile version as well. So this should be kept in mind while website development or there are chances of losing potential customers.
6) Secure Website : This factor is mainly for online stores or e-commerce websites where you are collecting payments from your users. Users will never enter their financial information on a website which appears insecure. So get a SSL certification and security certificates from leading internet security providers like Norton or McAfee. This will create a trust and a legitimate impression of your website.
7) Search Engine Optimization : Search engine optimization is essential as it leads to optimization of your website in the search engines to get better results from search. Search engine optimization generates huge and quality traffic to your website. So it is very important for improving page ranks and making a website successful.
I believe this helps you out in understanding how to create a successful website. However you can check the other posts on this blog for learning how to promote and generate traffic to your website or blog.
Kindly share your comments below.