In this post I will share with you some benefits of using Google analytics on your blog.
Everyone is eager to know how many people are visiting their blog everyday. It is good to check and be updated about your blog stats. This helps in building up new strategies and ideas for promoting their blog.
If you know the answer to the following questions then you can create an effective plan to grow your blog.
1) How many users I am getting everyday?
2) How many new users are visiting my blog everyday?
3) How many of the users have checked my blog earlier as well?
4) How many page views I am getting everyday?
5) Which is most visited page on my blog?
6) From which countries I am getting maximum users?
You get the complete control of your blog if you have the answer to the above questions.
There are many tools, web trackers and plugins available on internet for tracking a blog and providing you the answer to the above questions.
But honestly speaking, Google Analytics is the best. It is reliable, easy to understand and free. So why to go for some other option when you have such a awesome tool for free.
You might face some difficulties to understand the stats of your site at beginning but later on it will be simple.
Now let me share with you how Google Analytics works and why do we need to add it on our blog.
Google Analytics is a free tool offered by Google which provides statistics and helps you to track the traffic to your blog.
This service was launched by Google in the year 2005.
You can check the following data using the Google Analytics tool.
1) Visitors Online
2) Total number of visits in a day, month or over a particular time period.
3) New Users
4) Total Page views
5) Avg Session Duration
7) Traffic Source
and many more data.
How to signup with Google Analytics?
1) Go to www.google.com/analytics
2) Sign in with your Google account or signup if you don't have one.
3) Click on Admin.
4) In the Property column, select Create new property from the drop-down menu.
5) Now you need to specify the Account name, Website name, Website URL, Industry category etc details.
6) Click Get Tracking Id.
The Google Analytics Id for your blog will be displayed on the top.
How to add Google Analytics to Blogger?
1) Go to www.blogger.com and sign in with your Google id.
2) On the top left choose the blog in which you want to add Google Analytics.
3) In the left menu click Settings -> Other.
4) Under Google Analytics type the Analytics tracking id.
5) Click Save Settings on the top right corner.
Just wait for few hours to track in Analytics.
How to add Google Analytics to your WordPress blog?
You can add Google Analytics through the MonsterInsights plugin on your WordPress blog or site. It is the most popular and the easiest way to add Analytics to WordPress
MonsterInsights offers both free and paid version. The paid version has more features but you can start with a free version as well.
Now lets see how to add Analytics through MonsterInsights plugin.
1) Install and activate the MonsterInsights plugin.
2) Click Insights -> Settings
3) Click "Authenticate with your Google account".
4) Sign in to your Google account and click on "Allow" .
5) On the next screen select your site and click on "Complete Authentication" button.
You have successfully added Analytics to your WordPress site.
Once you have installed Analytics it might take a few hours for the reports to be viewed. You can login to your Google Analytics account and keep a track of your blog statistics.
Google Analytics app is also available in Google Play store to make your work easy. Download it on your mobile and track your blog or site without logging in every time to your Google Analytics account.
Hope this post helps you out. Kind share this post and give your valuable feedback in the comments section.